Extraordinary Ones Hero Profiles: Mercy, Director of Prayers

Hero Profiles: Mercy, Director of Prayers

Mercy, Director of Prayers, is a SUP/Restore hero in Extraordinary Ones, the innovative anime 5v5 MOBA game made by NetEase Games.

Abilities

Power of the People [0]

Get a Move Speed boost when low HP ally is nearby. Damage skills combos will deeal a stun.

Random Palm [1]

Shoots a palm forward, and then recalls it, damaging enemies on the path.

All Hail Buddha [2]

Locks onto a target and fires a healing light which will bounce between the target and Mercy 4 times. Deals damage to enemies in its path, after which it will restore HP to the target.

Lotus Shine [3]

After a brief delay, Mercy summons a lotus on the spot, instantly restoring HP for allied heroes and the continously restoring HP for allied heroes.
Awaken: Provides damage reduction for allied heroes within range during ultimate.

Profile

Name: Mercy

Race: Immortal

Height: 152cm

Weight: 38.7kg

Birthday: Unknown

ID: Head of Preayer Department

CV: Tomita Miyu (JP), C Xiao Diao (CN)

Biography of Mercy

Infomation

As the head of the Prayers, she has to listen to all the three world' complaints and whishes.

Due to a constant backlog of prayers and no time to rest, Mercy's spirit has gradually faded.

Head of Prayers

Foolish humans probably don't know that the Prayer Department is about as useless as those good luck charms people put on their dashboards. And the head of the Prayer Department-- me-- definitely doesn't have any magic ability to grant wishes. And another thing, the Prayer Department is honestly a job that no one wants to take.

It's a job that one of the lesser immortals gets randomly assigned. Who wants a job dealing with everybody's drama? It's almost laughable. One after the other they ask me: Give me this, I want that, I want-want-want... so annoying. It's so bad I've got prayers just coming out of my ears every day, so noisy I can't even have a peaceful night's sleep.

If praying to me helped, then wouldn't I pray myself out of this job?! Dearest, most honored Head of the Prayer Department-- AKA me-- I pray to you, please don't make me be head of the Prayer Department anymore... See, I prayed, but I still gotta be head of Prayers, don't I?

So, if you've got a wish, why don't you try fulfilling it yourself. Thank you.

Life-Changing Tech

Every day there's a constant roar of prayers from the masses, but finally with the help of the miraculous power of technology, it's come under control a bit.

Those common, everyday headphones from the mortal world have raised the average quality of my sleep more than anything under heaven in the past 10 million years. This truly is an interesting era. Humans can be quite inventive when it comes to making their meat bodies comfortable. Of course there are negative impacts like getting lazier and lazier.

To (Because) keep (I'm) up (more) with (and) the (more) times (lazy), I also changed my lotus throne into a comfortable lazy-boy couch. Now I sip on my bottomless jade bottle beverage and comfortably recline on the lotus throne. For an immortal, I guess this'll do~

Unbearable Memories

Everybody's been young once. Young people don't understand the world, and inevitably they leave behind some embarrassing memories that echo into the future. And my embarrassing past is that I tried too hard at my job. Yep, tried too hard.

The result of working too earnestly is in order to do a good job and please other people even against your own will, you end up stirring up all kinds of trouble. Like that MJ, he was just asuitg for trouble. He just had to be both a horse and a dragon and insisted that I turn his dragon head into a horse head. Because of this, MJ's dad, the Dragon Lord of West Lake, chewed me out for 500 years. And that's nothing. Now that dummy is a singer in the mortal realm, and word has gotten around that I can do plastic surgery. So now, aside from the same ten thousand requests that I've been showered with daily for the last 10 million years, now I've also got countless annoying people asuitg me about plastic surgery safety, plastic surgery prices, plastic surgery services...

This is the Prayer Department, not a plastic surgery hotline!

Foolish Mortals

Honestly, these human creatures are just getting stupider and more pampered as time goes on. Compared to other species, people really like to foist their prayers off on someone else. Today I'm in a bad mood, so I feel like getting this off my chest, about just how incredibly stupid humans are.

Compared to a few hundred years ago, science and technology have seen some development, and humans all enjoy pretty easy lives, but they haven't cut back the volume of their prayers in the slightest. Not only that, they're getting even more annoying, and the prayers I'm getting are more and more capricious.

Prayers from the past, compared to the ones I'm getting now, look positively quaint. Like, "I hope my true love and I will continue to talk after we break up", or "Can you tell me what the weather will be like tomorrow?" and such. In the past, people's prayers used to be like that. All really simple.

If you wanna talk to your true love, now there's cell phones. Wanna know what tomorrow's weather will be like? Just check the weather forecast. With the progress of technology, all these prayers can be met with ease, so I thought my job would get easier too. But... that has not been the case at all.

“Will my home's value go up!?" "Please give me plastic surgery to look like that type of person everyone likes." These days prayers are all like this, not achievable through normal methods.

In hunter-gatherer times, if humans could find some food for the day, they'd be completely thankful. And in some tough times, humans would thank the heavens just for their continued survival. But now what do we have? Everyone wants perfect autonomy and freedom. They are so wrapped up in themselves. Clothing, food, shelter, all totally taken care of just be thankful for what you've got. Compared to people in the past, you've got it made in the shade.

The more comfortable our lives get, the more annoying the prayers do too. It's just an endless monkey go round, ain't it? If this keeps up, I'll never be able to be worry free. Not only will I not be able to rid my life of worries, but this roar of prayers will just keep getting louder and louder. Perhaps until one day my eardrums just burst.

Just thinking about it makes me depressed. Today I need to sleep. Humans are just too much, getting to sleep inthe their comfy, soft beds. Why are you still unsatisfied!?

Comments